1. Curb appeal often determines whether someone is interested
in seeing the inside of your home.
• Make sure the lawn is mowed, shrubs are trimmed, leaves are raked, and consider planting seasonal color.
• Exterior windows should be clean and free of cobwebs, pollen, etc. (especially in spring and summer months)
2. Regardless of your decorating style, make sure your home is
clean and welcoming.
• Walls should be clean and, preferably, freshly painted.
• All appliances, light bulbs, door locks, etc. should be in good working order.
• Consider renting a public storage unit to free your home of clutter. Even your closets and storage spaces should be free of non-essentials.
3. You never know when an agent will call to show your home, so stay one step ahead by doing the following:
• Remove all cooking and pet odors and keep all trash cans empty.
• Open drapes or blinds to let the sunlight in.
• Keep carpets vacuumed and other floors dust free.
• Keep fresh towels in the bathrooms and make sure beds are properly made.
• Fresh flowers or fruit on the kitchen counter or dining table provides a welcoming touch.
• Turn on low volume soothing music.
4. Contact a Cottingham Chalk Hayes agent.
• There are significant advantages to being represented by a well-trained agent who acts on your behalf.
• Representation by a Selling Agent assures that your very best interests will be handled in a professional manner.
• Click here to see a list of our sales associates and a brief bio on each. Or call us and we’ll arrange for an agent to interview you by phone or meet with you in person