1. Determine how much you can afford.
• Plan ahead by listing out your sources of income, savings, monthly expenses, and other cash-flow considerations.
• Contact a loan officer to get pre-qualified. Sellers will be more interested in your offer if they know you have been pre-approved.
• Use the mortgage calculator to help determine what your monthly principal and interest will be.
2. Start your home search and learn about the Charlotte market.
• Select the criteria that are important to you such as number of bedrooms, square footage, traditional home or condo.
• Be mindful of the location of your place of business, preferred schools, proximity to doctors and hospitals, restaurants and entertainment.
3. Contact a Cottingham Chalk Hayes, Realtors agent.
• There are significant advantages to being represented by a well-trained agent who acts on your behalf, and it doesn’t cost you a dime!
• Representation by a Buyer’s Agent assures that your very best interests will be handled in a professional manner.
• Click here to see a list of our sales associates and a brief bio on each. Or call us and we’ll arrange for an agent to interview you by phone or meet with you in person.